Friday, May 27, 2011

Scribbler Love

After a long hiatus, during which time he moved tentatively to the plywood around the Sam Chang hotel on 13th St. and 4th Ave., The Scribbler is back to writing his anti-government, anti-psychotherapy, pro-cigarette notes on the wall at 10th and 4th, thanks in large part to some colorful "Pollinate" posters that provided an open surface on which to write in the mess of advertisements this wall has become.



As usual, the Scribbler's rants have inspired response rants from passersby. Most of them are angry, correcting, and/or snarky.



But one person sent the Scribbler a bit of love, saying, "I for one totaly missed you rock on crazy guy."

I had missed him, too, and was glad to find that I was not alone in missing him, and that someone else had seen fit to say so with a Magic Marker, letting us know that this wall and its notes have become important, however ephemeral, however small.



Since taking these photos, the Scribbler has been covered up again.

Previously:
10th Street Graffiti
10th Street Scribbler
Scribbler Strikes Again
And More Scribbler
&
10th Street Falling

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

He is an old guy..ive seen him writing.

Jeremiah Moss said...

what have you seen?

Bowery Boogie said...

love these Scribbler posts.

Marty Wombacher said...

I just went back and read all the Scribbler posts at once! I'd love to meet this guy. I love it when he scribbles, "Boycott every place you can't smoke," because that's pretty much the entire city!

onemorefoldedsunset said...

I love him too. Don't we all feel like doing this sort of thing? He speaks for plenty of us, I think. Well, at least me - in my state of middle-aged surliness!