Wednesday, July 19, 2017

10 Years Later: The Voice

This week marks the ten-year anniversary of this blog, and I can't think of a better way to celebrate than with the news that I have found myself on the cover of the venerable Village Voice. A decade ago, I never imagined "Vanishing New York" would end up here. Many thanks to everyone for reading and supporting the blog over the years. I would not have this voice without you.

Pick up the issue on the streets today or read it online here.



Come celebrate at a launch party for Vanishing New York the book:

JULY 27
Housing Works Bookstore Cafe
126 Crosby St., New York, NY
7:00 - 8:30PM
For more info, visit the Facebook invite

We're expecting a capacity crowd, so please get there early--and if you miss it, there's a second one in Brooklyn the following week:

AUGUST 3
powerHouse Arena
28 Adams St., Brooklyn (DUMBO)
7:00 - 9:00PM
For more info, visit the Facebook invite or RSVP at powerHouse



7 comments:

Brian said...

Superstar!!! Really cool cover photo too.

BrooksNYC said...

I fully intend to buy the hardcover from a brick-and-mortar(!), but the digital version of Vanishing New York was available this week, and I couldn't resist.

The last few decades have so pummeled and disoriented me that I've gone numb. To feel so much fresh anger while reading your book came as a pleasant shock! In particular, my understanding of the forces that brought us to this sorry pass has increased tenfold. Thanks for laying it all out so thoroughly and so well.

It's a important book, and beautifully written, and I hope everyone who loves New York will read it! Congrats, Griffin.

Jeremiah Moss said...

Thank you BrooksNYC! I'm grateful and glad to hear it was an emotionally invigorating and eye-opening experience. That's what I'm aiming for.

traceyjackson@mac.com said...

Congratulations! wow. New York may be vanishing, but JM trending1

Laura Goggin Photography said...

Congratulations!

I can't believe it's been a decade...I remember discovering your blog and immediately feeling I'd found a kindred spirit. Your site is a treasure and I'm so happy you're publishing a book. I can hardly wait to see how many thousands of people show up at Housing Works. :)

Marissa said...

Congrats Jeremiah! Have been a fan for years (but not a full decade :P). Just saw a girl reading the Voice with your full name and had a hunch it was you. Very proud for you because I love V. NY.

I always felt a tinge of sadness at each additional post, but a sense of loyalty and nostalgia for my city, even though I feel I was born a little to late to explore most of it at its original heyday. I'm 26. Keep up your amazing documentation of our history. Thanks for the 10 years. Peace and love.

Jon said...

Congratulations! and many thanks to you for your fight and keeping us, NYC lovers from afar, to date.